Have you been contemplating buying a new mattress? If so, do you know what type of material your next pillow top should be made from? A meta-analysis on sleep quality showed that people sleeping on a traditional innerspring mattress are more likely to suffer lower back pain than those sleeping on memory foam mattresses.
There are many pillows and mattresses on the market, but what sets Snuggle-Pedic apart is its use both solid and shredded memory foam. Find out which is best for you!
What is shredded memory foam?
Shredded memory foam is a type of foam that has been shredded into small pieces. This makes it less dense and more comfortable, which explains why it is often used in pillows and mattresses.
Shredded memory foam is a good choice for people who like to change their sleeping position frequently, as it conforms to the body more easily than solid core memory foam.
What is shredded memory foam made out of?
Shredded memory foam is made of polyurethane. It is different from traditional memory foam because it has a mix of regular and irregular cells of varying sizes. This makes it more breathable, allowing greater airflow throughout the mattress for a softer and more conforming sleeping surface.
Viscoelastic foam, often referred to as memory foam, is a polyurethane foam that was first developed by NASA in the 1970s. It was initially used in aircraft cushions and helmets to protect astronauts during high-impact crashes.
This type of foam is different from traditional polyurethane foams because it mixes regular and irregular cells of varying sizes. This makes the viscoelastic foam more breathable than conventional polyurethane foams. It allows greater airflow throughout the mattress, making the foam softer and more conforming to the body.
Are shredded memory foam pillows good?
Yes, shredded memory foam pillows are often considered good because they are more comfortable than traditional pillows. They contour to the head and neck better, providing support and pressure relief.
They are also hypoallergenic and can be used by people with allergies or sensitive skin. However, they do not last as long as traditional pillows and can be more expensive in the long run.
How to care for shredded memory foam pillows
If shredded memory foam pillows are not cared for properly, they can become compressed and lose shape. Also, after a long time, the support may break down and create lumps in the pillow.
You can prevent this from happening by fluffing the pillow regularly and keeping it in a cool, dry place. You can also purchase a pillow protector to help keep it clean.
Is shredded memory foam safe?
Shredded memory foam is generally considered safe, but there have been some reports of it causing allergies. If you are allergic to latex, you may be allergic to shredded memory foam. The main risk associated with this type of foam is that it quickly breaks down, resulting in mold, mildew, and dust mites.
Where to buy
You can find shredded memory foam at most major retailers, though Snuggle-Pedic also has shredded memory foam and other options for every type of sleeper. We offer a variety of shredded memory foam pillows, including our bamboo cover pillow. This pillow type is perfect for people who want the benefits of shredded memory foam and a natural alternative.
What is solid core memory foam?
Solid core memory foam has a higher density than shredded memory foam, making it more supportive. While some people will find this material too firm at first, it is often used in hospital beds for patients who need extra support.
Since solid core memory foam doesn't have the same level of conforming ability as shredded memory foam, it is a good choice for people who sleep in the same position every night. It also lasts longer than shredded memory foam, making it a more economical choice in the long run.
Shredded memory foam vs solid memory foam pillow
Memory foam inherently carries many of the same benefits no matter the format it comes in. However, there are still differences that can help you narrow down a suitable pillow. Here's a rundown on how shredded and solid memory foam pillows compare.
- Shredded memory foam and solid core memory foam have excellent pressure relief, especially for people who sleep on their stomachs or backs.
- Both types of foam are hypoallergenic, making them ideal for people with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Both types of foam expand to full size and return to their original shapes when they are unoccupied.
- Both types of memory foam remain cool and breathable throughout the night, so you won't wake up sweating.
- Solid core memory foam is less likely to conform to the body than shredded memory foam, making it a good choice for people who sleep in the same position every night.
- Shredded memory foam is a better choice for people who like to change their sleeping position frequently, as it conforms to the body easily than solid core memory foam. On the other hand, solid core memory foam offers more support and durability, making it a better choice for people who need a firmer sleeping surface.
- Solid core memory foam is more durable than shredded memory foam, making it a good choice for people who tend to wear out their pillows and mattresses quickly.
- Shredded memory foam is a good choice for people on a budget who want a comfortable pillow that they can often replace.
Is shredded memory foam better?
There is no definite answer about whether shredded memory foam is the better option. It really depends on what you are looking for in a pillow. Nevertheless, if you want a more conforming and comfortable pillow, shredded memory foam is often the better option.
Is shredded memory foam the choice for you?
We hope you now have the information to make the right purchase for your sleeping needs! Better rest is our quest—so when picking for a reliable solid core or shredded memory foam pillow, look no further than Snuggle-Pedic.