Finding your way around different bedding accessories can feel overwhelming and a bit confusing if you’re a first-time shopper. You may wonder, what kind of material should I look for? Do I need a mattress protector? Am I forgetting anything? Understanding the basics of bedding accessories is the first step to creating a more comfortable sleeping oasis for you and your loved ones.
Whether you prefer a casual setup or a crisp, hotel-style aesthetic, this buying guide will come in handy the next time you’re looking for a much-needed refresh for your sleep space.
Let's dive in.
Never underestimate the power of a good pillowcase. As a bedding staple, these bed items are a tiny element of the sleep experience but can make a huge difference in sleep quality. Specially made to protect your pillows from wear and tear, these accessories for the bed complete all bedding sets with functionality and comfort. Even if you have the best possible pillow, the quality and material of your cases can make or break your sleep.
So, here are some things you need to pay attention to before starting your pillowcase shopping:
- Antibacterial properties
- Low maintenance
With that in mind, cotton is the all-around best material that will save you from a night of tossing and turning. Naturally soft and breathable, the Snuggle-Pedic Organic Cotton Pillow Case gives maximum airflow and breathability, making a difference between a blissful sleep and a sleepless night.
Before we go any further, we should probably explain the differences between pillow covers and pillowcases.
Whereas pillowcases are there to make sure you’re not resting your head directly on the pillow itself, pillow covers can add an extra layer of support, comfort, and breathability to your pillow. These bedding items are cost-effective, easily washable, and serve as a great double layer of protection. For the most comfort, we recommend using a pillow cover with a pillowcase over it to give your pillows the ultimate comfort boost.
The soft and luxurious Kool-Flow Micro-Vented Zipper Removable Bamboo Cover from Snuggle-Pedic offers unprecedented breathability that allows air to circulate through the pillow and keep you more relaxed all night long. The pillow cover is fully removable.
After you’ve found your dream mattress, your first thought may be to purchase some high-quality sheets. This is important, but first, you may want to reconsider your bedding 101 knowledge and invest in a mattress protector. From accidents and spills to pests and allergens, this part of the bedding is essential to a clean, comfortable and healthy night's rest. Since most of us don’t dwell too much when purchasing a mattress protector in the same way we do with the other bedding accessories, here is a quick guide on how to choose a perfect mattress protector.
- Always look for protectors that are 100% waterproof. These are ideal for anyone who tends to sweat while they sleep (and for the eaters and drinkers in bed!).
- It is best to find a material that entirely blocks allergens, especially if you or someone in your household has severe allergies.
- If you’re a hot sleeper, your best option is a mattress protector with cooling technology that improves circulation. These protectors are made from high-quality fibers that aid in the cooling of the body by helping release heat. That way, you’re staying snuggled and cool all night long.
- Choose protectors made from high-quality materials that hold up well to regular washings so that you can refresh your sleep surface without needing to replace the protector as often.
If the easy clean-up and bed bug protection is your ultimate goal, the Snuggle-Pedic Kool-Flow Micro-Vented Organic Cotton Mattress Protector has got you covered. This bedding accessory is perfect for protecting your memory foam, latex, and air mattress, without creating heat build-up. Plus, it’s also machine washable, so just pop it in the machine at least every two months to keep things germ and dirt-free.
One part of the bedding that can make a world of difference is a mattress topper. Many newbies can mistake a topper for a protector, but the two parts of the bedding have different roles. A mattress protector is a thin layer that fits over your mattress, mainly to prevent any unwanted bacteria or dust from entering your bed. A mattress topper works as an extension of the mattress, giving extra height, depth, and cushioning.
Whether you’re looking for the best setup for a new bedroom or deciding if your old mattress needs additional protection, our Snuggle-Pedic Gel-Infused Memory Foam Topper will keep you cool and comfortable all night long. It contours nicely to your body, and reduces impact to pressure points. It is also dust mite resistant so that you can sleep soundly without worries.
Shredded Memory Foam Fill
Shredded memory foam has become the ultimate go-to filling for any pillow. This bedding item contours to your neck and evenly distributes the right amount of support while eliminating tension on pressure points. While this bed accessory is very similar to its memory foam cousin, the shredded memory foam fill has a few advantages that make it a serious contender in the mattress-filling game.
- Breathability - A single block of dense memory foam doesn’t allow air to circulate, ultimately absorbing and retaining warm air. On the other hand, a breathable filling type like the shredded one will not keep the warm air trapped inside but rather a constant flow of cool, fresh air.
- Customization - The advantage of having a shredded memory foam pillow is that you can add or remove filling to adjust the pillow to your liking. Put more foam if you want firmness and support, and less if you want your pillow to be softer.
- Moldability - Shredded memory foam pillows have a more significant advantage over one-piece pillows in the sense that you can mold them to virtually any shape. That feature is highly convenient for people who like to use their pillows when sleeping in different positions.
Are you looking for a pillow filling to fill your standard bed pillows to sleep on at night? The Snuggle-Pedic Shredded Memory Foam Fill gives you extra filling to create your perfect pillow. It provides additional support and thickness while adjusting to each position you sleep.
Using sleep masks can be a game-changer if you’re looking to get your recommended dose of z’s. These accessories for bed are trendy while beneficial at the same time. They improve sleep, encourage relaxation, and provide pain relief for your body to rest properly.
If you’re ready to experience some of those benefits for yourself, consider trying Snuggle-Pedic Kool-Flow Charcoal and Gel-Infused Memory Foam Eyeshade. It’s designed to adapt to any type of seat, headrest, and bed of your choice without the uncomfortable lumpy spots. The cushioning memory foam tailors to all sleepers, while the combination of gel and charcoal’s cooling and temperature regulation ability provides you with a cooler sleep.
Go Forth and Sleep
Here are many bedding accessories that go into making your picture-perfect bed and sleep experience. From mattress protectors and toppers to pillowcases and eye masks, there is a range of products that serve a particular purpose in making your bed into much more than a place to rest your head. With the information we’ve provided to you in this guide, you should now feel confident in your ability to create a comfortable space to retreat to that is clean, cozy, and attractive for years to come.